Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Italy in March? Nop, maybe next time :(

I just gave away an all-paid trip to Italy (or maybe Romania) for 2 weeks, and I don't know if I should be happy, sad or mad.

Last semester, the dean of the Education department told us that the one with the highest GPA that semester was going to get an all-paid trip to an Adventist college/school in Europe for 2 weeks to do the teaching practice. During my registration this semester (last Thursday) I found out that I was the one with the highest GPA (3.97).
All of a sudden I thought: OMG!!! I'm going to ITALY!!!!! And then the dean asked me right away if I could give it to another girl that got 3.96 and is graduating this May. Since I'm a Junior, she said I would have a chance to go next year if I keep my GPA that high... so my expression went from "OMG! I'm going to Italy!" to "WTH!!!".
After thinking a lot and being mad at the dean (I found out that the girl who's going instead of me is one of her fav students) I accepted her petition and just said "OK I'm not going to Italy" :( Many people have told me that what I did was great ► I gave another girl the chance to go, and I'm going next year anyway (or at least that was the deal). But I can't resign myself to not going!

1 comment:

Bella Sofilia said...

go to Italy!!! go for it!!! chance comes once, not twice!!!