Pages

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Do not be discouraged

"Don't say you're too young... I promise to be with you and keep you safe, so don't be afraid."
"I've commanded you to be strong and brave. Don't ever be afraid or discouraged! I'm the Lord your God, and I will be there to help you wherever you go."

Sometimes we feel like we have done our bet and yet other people say it was not good. When someone tells you that it was not a good job, or when you expect someone to be happy with what you did and they simply do not appreciate it, you can easily feel discouraged or inferior.

Today I felt that way. I had done my best and I thought it was a good job, but then I was told I had to do it again. That really made me feel inferior, and I was afraid of having to do my work all over again, this time with more pressure on me and higher expectations. Then I open my Bible and read that God told Jeremiah not to be afraid. Immediately after that comes the story of Joshua to my mind. God told him not to be afraid or discouraged. These two Bible character, Jeremiah and Joshua, were young people just like me, facing situations that most probably made them feel inferior and afraid, and yet the Lord told them He was going to be with them.

Now I know the Lord is telling me the same thing. He is with me and He will help me wherever I go and whatever situation I encounter.

If you feel the same way, if someone has made you feel inferior, or if you think you cannot do it, just remember what the Lord says:

"Do not be afraid or discouraged." "I promise to be with you and keep you safe."

No comments: