Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Learning

“We make our own decisions, but the Lord alone determines what happens.”

(Proverbs 16:33)

“We may make a lot of plans, but the Lord will do what he has decided.”

(Proverbs 19:21)

I thought that I had come here to study, travel around and have lots of fun, but instead, God’s purpose for me being here was completely different. My expectations and plans for this semester were many, but now that I look at them again I think they were vague. Basically every big plan I would make would just disappear. That made me feel very depressed, but it was then when I realized what God was trying to teach me. He was trying to tell me that life for me has a different meaning and a different purpose. Here I’ve learned to depend on God and to let Him guide me. I might want to make my own plans but He is the One who in the end determines my future.

Dear Lord, I surrender all my life to you. Thank you for your love and for making me realize that life without your guidance has no purpose at all.

1 comment:

Marlise said...

Hi Sendy

Just found your blog! (Duh... I should've noticed it sooner, since you usually write comments in mine!) It's just that I'm not so techno-savvy...

Anyway, I loved the thoughts you've written in your blog. I totally agree with you - even our day-to-day experiences can be looked at from a different, fresher perspective!

All the best in your finals!