Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mexican food in Thailand

Yaniris and I have been writing our Thai Adventures and it also includes Cooking Adventures. So far we have cooked Mexican food twice (the third one will be next Sunday!). I had the marvelous idea of bringing tortillas all the way from Mexico, and we enjoyed them the very first week we were here. We have written about this in our mini series so I will focus on the food.

Our first meal was Enchiladas, which is basically fried corn tortillas soaked in tomato sauce (you can fill them with whatever you want to, this time we decided to put chicken). Then you pour hot tomato sauce and spread grated cheese on top of the ENCHILADAS (if you do it while they are hot, the cheese will melt and it will be even more delicious). Since we thought that the enchiladas were not going to be enough, we also cooked rice (western style: with salt and some other seasonings hehe), vegetables, potatoes and pico de gallo (chopped tomatoes, onions and cilantro). And guess what... it ended up being a lot of food and we even got to eat it again the next day!

Our second meal was TACOS but this time a Thai friend, Boon, brought tortillas from Bangkok. We cooked chicken, potatoes and tried to make the Pico de Gallo, but we forgot to buy cilantro, so it ended up in salsa only (tomtoes and onions).

I cannot believe that it has been only 4 weeks and we have cooked twice. I say that because it is usually hard to get the ingredients, but I guess my cooking mood has helped as well. The last time I was here I did not cook any mexican food at all, but I think I have done more cooking because now I enjoy it more than before. It is especially gratifying to cook for friends who ask for Mexican food because they love it. And even if it is not mexican food, I think I enjoy cooking!
Next dish is going to be Molletes!

2 comments:

daronloo said...

looks really good!!

Sendy Monarrez said...

thanks!! it WAS really good ;) lol
not that i wanna show off or anything hehe but i have to admit that it was good hehehe