Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"Dancing with him"

Here it is a text I just wrote at my English Composition class today. It is the first time I try a personification, so I know there are better ways to do it. However, since I was very content with the outcome, here it is.

"Dancing with him"

He started speaking to me as if he wanted me to know that he was pouring his emotions all to me. The moment he struck the first note of that old song, I felt he was whispering to my ear.

All of a sudden, the auditorioum seemed empty as if it was only him and I. Then I closed my eyes and started dancing with him. He was right there, beside me, his right arm around my waist and his left arm holding my arm.

His voice is deep, but sensual. Every time he tells me something, every time we dance together, or just every time he sings to me, I feel as if he is seducing me with his sweet deep voice.

Then I open my eyes again, to the sound of a crowd congratulating me after playing my cello. That is when I realize that the sound of this beautiful instrument makes me travel and think is a handsome young man by my side.

No comments: