Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Keep a song in my heart

So I've noticed that for the past few days I've been waking up singing. Literally, when I wake up I start singing; every morning a different song. First I thought it was just, you know, for a day or so, but it's been like that every day. So I've decided to try to keep a record of the songs I sing every morning, or at least of the most significant ones.


Today's song is of one of my favourite Bible verses. In fact, the whole song is about Joshua chapter 1, but the very part that I started singing this morning was from Joshua 1:9: "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

"Sê forte e corajoso, não temas nem te espantes
Porque o Senhor teu Deus é contigo onde andares"




The song is in Portuguese, from Pr. Daniel Lüdtke's second DVD Filhos de Israel (Children of Israel). I love this song because it's as if you're reading the Bible while listening to it. It's a promise and encouragement at the same time. So good for today, perfect song!

No comments: