Pages

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

At least I tried

Now I know why her attitude really hurt me. It hurt because I cared about her and because I opened myself to her. And yet, she did not care at all, she did not appreciate it. It is not that I do not care about her anymore but I am not going to give something to someone that is not willing to accept it. It is a pity because I thought she was different, but at least now I can say that I know how she really is.

Opening yourself to someone can be risky because not always the other person appreciates your friendship. However, if you never try, you will never know.

2 comments:

Marlise said...

Wow! We really should've met to talk together more often! LOL I've felt like this, trying to open up to a stone wall. It hurts, but then you're right - it would be worse to never have tried. The other person is missing out!
I guess I've met so many stone walls since coming to Thailand that I'd stopped trying. Thanks for giving me a new incentive to try and make friends again.

Sendy Monarrez said...

Even though we did not get together that often, I am thankful that you and Danny opened your home for us :) it meant a lot to me :)
And about stone walls... I guess we will find those kind of people wherever we go, but if we give them a chance, maybe it ends up being only our impression and they are really not stone walls. (and if they are, well, as you said it, the other person in MISSING OUT! lol)
feliz dia :) y un abrazo!