Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Time flies!

April is almost gone and then it comes May along with final projects, final exams, and at the end of the month my bro and my mom’s graduation (Vico finishes his Bachelor’s Degree and my mom her PhD). Then it comes the summer with intensive courses and lots of preparation ;) I think I will teach one or two English classes at the language school or take some intensive courses. After summer… OMG! Sara’s is going to be here!!! (hope I get to see her in August). Then it comes my time to go abroad (if I would have written this a week ago, it would have been a completely different story which included Thailand, but God has amazing ways of changing plans).
*I will talk about this later, when everything is clear enough to say it out loud. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Ok… getting back to the fact that we are still not in summer break and that school hasn’t finished yet. We had Moody Awards at the beginning of April (I blogged about this earlier) and that was basically the last activity of the Student Council. I feel relieved but at the same time I kind of miss all the meetings we had and all the stress hehe.
Almost all the members of the Student Council.


On my "spring break" (more like a long weekend) I went to a Master Guide Camporee. I had lots of fun and learned quiet a lot because this time I was part of the staff.

I started teaching English at the High School and it’s been a learning experience. I don’t have a big classroom (started with 10 students but 2 of them were expelled 2 weeks ago), and having a small classroom helps a lot when it comes to discipline. There are still other things to take in consideration, like the fact that I’m supposed to be teaching an “advance” class but most of my students can’t even understand when I give them instructions in English (however, I won’t lower the school work, which is not that much anyway).
Teaching there gives me more reasons why I want to work in a language school and not in a secondary or high school. It’s not that I don’t like it, but I do enjoy a lot more teaching at the language school. However, it looks like I will take a break from teaching English for a little while and do something I did not expect but which I think I will enjoy and will be a completely different but great experience.
My English students at the language school.

No comments: