Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Just because you're lazy?

I tend to underline and write notes on the books I read (when mine lol). While I was reading My Sister's Keeper a while ago, I found this interesting part that made me think a lot. Is it really true what it says there? I mean, I know it's a novel and all that, but could it be true? Can we be like that? Something to think about hehe.

The problem, you know, is that you never forget your firts one. And even if your brain's smart about it, your body's got the IQ of a fruit fly.
It's just so easy with him. It's like we're picking up where we left off. I already know everything I need to about him and he already knows everything he needs to about me.
Can you fall for someone because you're lazy?

*Conversation between Julia and her sister Iz, on page 332 of My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.

3 comments:

Bella Sofilia said...

I don't really understand the last part ;(

can you fall for someone because you're lazy? I mean lazy in what sense?

Sendy Monarrez said...

i think it's lazy as in lazy to meet other people, or to start all over again with another person?! dunno!!! hehehe it's something that made me think hehe and is making u think as well

Bella Sofilia said...

yups... anyway... I don't wanna think of it longer... I need my brain to rest for a while... lol